Saturday, January 31, 2009

Wish One...


these two photographs from Taverne Agency

A few weeks ago, by chance, I watched 'The Bucket List' with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson (whom I think is a great actor). Anyways, without delving too much into the plot, it's basically about two old men who, sharing the same hospital room, find out they have only a few months to live. In finding this out, they make their 'bucket list' - all of the things they want to do before they die.

This got me thinking, as I'm sure most would, what would I do if I found out I had only months to live? Some answers came right away, others over time... so, I'm going to post them here - in no particular order. The things I want to do, places I want to go... and maybe I'll never have a deadline to keep to.

So - here's one, I want to ride a beautiful horse along an endless beach, and at times, really fast so I can feel the wind on my face. Late in the afternoon too... so I can watch the sun set as I trot alone the sandy beach.... an absolutely beautiful, peaceful, and invigorating moment to be lived.

Thinking about how beautiful and powerful horses are, and how much I admire their beauty, grace within that strength. I couldn't help but think of the photographer Tim Flach, who's 'Equus' book project, displays his entire horse series. For an article and interview with Tim Flach on this, see this link.
 These photos say it all, and are so breathtaking, they are so visually descriptive in their simplicity, I am quite captivated.. Here are some of my favorites, I particularly like the one below on the right - which was taken as this horse was racing down a track at 30 mph, and then pulled to a grinding halt... it's a powerful image...

No comments: