Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Fragile Life...



Sometimes, a person can only be present in your life a handful of times, and yet their effect can be very powerful. One of kindness, humor, warmth, and always with a smile...

Late last night, I was told that one of these such people in my life had passed away earlier that afternoon.

I don't believe there is a person who knows me that hasn't heard me talk highly of Brendon.
And it was only on this past Monday that I had thought of him too.
He was an amazing Hairdresser, and friend of Drew's, and through which I had met him. I remember the first time too - in Soho, about two years ago now, in a bar called Milady's. He was with his Brother, both British, and looking like the shaggy Northerners that they were! I don't believe I had even known Brendon that long before he insisted on cutting my hair! He had a vision, and he wanted to see it through... and so he did.

It was then, through his visits to Drew's apartment to cut my hair, I got to know him a little better. Listened to his crazy stories, old and new. He was always funny, and always warm and charming.. He loved cutting my hair too - he said he loved to see how happy it made me, and I'll admit, I did loovveee having my hair cut!! It always left me beaming!!

It was Brendon that gave me my famous Twiggy curls... and perhaps it was him that started that nickname for me, I think only one other person I know could verify that...

I have many happy memories of Brendon and those days... the news shook me last night, and I was very saddened to hear it...
So while I send my prayers, I can see him... rubbing his hands together in enjoyment, smiling and laughing...
The way I will always remember him...



No comments: