Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!


Tom with tongs at the ready!

So this New Years Eve I was tempted to do very little! And although I have been living in New York a few years now, I have never really felt any burning desire to camp down in Times Square to watch a sparkly ball drop!

My friend Tom asked me if I wanted to come to his dinner party in Brooklyn that he was throwing, with his roommate, for a few friends. And I happily accepted! It was a really good time, nice and relaxed and enjoyable. The food was great too, and my favorite must have been the dates - one kind filled with cheese and nuts, the other stuffed with an almond and wrapped in bacon (plonk a little dash of stunning blue cheese on top and I was in heaven!!!). They really went all out, and it was great!
As the clock struck midnight, well wishes spread around the room... Tom's apartment has an amazing view - one which stretches most of the Manhattan skyline. From there, in the first few minutes of the new year, we could see the fireworks of Times Square as well as those set off at the Statue of Liberty.. it was quite beautiful.

So now it's a new year, I wonder what it will bring. I'm not one to make resolutions, I never feel they have any staying power... but there are a few things that I'm going to work for this year, that I should have worked harder for last year... so hopefully they will be fruitful. We shall see...

Wishing everyone a wonderful 2009.... may it bring you moments of smiles and happiness.

Tom's Apartment - mid feast!

No comments: