Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Grr....



When it rains it pours....and my gosh is it pouring over NYC this morning, I have little puddles in my boots!
Last night, I got home late, and it wasn't long before I was wrapped up in bed. It was one of those nights where I just lie there for a while, it was late, and so quiet, that I enjoyed the peace.
Sometimes, funny things happen in my life where I actually smile at the world's sarcastic timing. Last night, it was one of those very moments, where at that very moment of realizing something about my life, it began to rain. I heard it tinkle on the leaves outside my window, until it soon became a steady stream...and it hasn't stopped since...
I woke up twice during the night, and still heard the rain coming down. This morning when my alarm went off, I woke up to Oscar hovering over me. It seems the little fella was cold, and wiggled his way under the covers! Maybe he didn't want to hear the rain anymore either.

This morning before I left for work, while still on my I-cant-get-enough-of-Cat-Stevens-even-if-I-tried obsession, I listened to his "Wild World"...which I think is probably one of my favorites, for one reason or another. I love the lyrics, and love singing to it too...

And so with a mix of Cat Stevens, Oscar crawling under my covers, and the downpour NYC just experienced, I couldn't help but add the following photos of the 6 year old White Bengal Tiger called Odin, who resides in the Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Zoo in Vallejo, near San Francisco. After this big fella was weaned, and much smaller than he is now, Odin's British trainer Lee Munro found that if a piece of meat was thrown into a pool of water, he would happily drive in after it! And it seems to be something he still likes to do! Check out the full news article here!

These photos are fantastic, I love them, and perhaps I can relate a little bit too...




No comments: