Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Drawings...


black and white charcoal on pale green drawing paper, 18"x24"

I thought I'd share a few of my drawings with you. Above is my favorite!

I completed a Fine Art degree at the University of West of England, Bristol. However, I didn't really get a chance to embrace this kind of work I love doing until I moved to NYC! 

So for my own enjoyment, I signed up for a semester of portrait drawing classes at the National Academy on the Upper East Side last Fall. I loved going here, even though the classes were long after a day at work, and I was tired - it was totally worth it! The people were great, and we all chatted away at breaks, at the end of the semester we even brought in cheeses and other food goodies - I made jam tarts! yum!

After this I joined the Spring Street Studio life drawing classes, they have a wonderful plan where you can buy a coupon for 10 classes for $100, and then go to any of the classes you want! From quick sketches, long poses, and two models together, this is a great chance to get into life drawing. The place fills up quickly, it's first come, first gets a seat - but everyone is very kind, and will squeeze you in where they can! My suggestion - get there early!

So the four I have here are from my National Academy classes, I've found I'm much more interested, and better, at doing long poses - where I can get into the drawing and work through it. I'm pretty proud of these, so I hope you enjoy looking at them!


2b pencil on white drawing paper, 18"x24"


2b pencil on white drawing paper, 18"x24"


black and white charcoal on royal blue drawing paper, 8.5"x11"

No comments: