Saturday, August 2, 2008

Lively Lemon!


yellow brick road...

Sometimes I feel like I'm on my own little yellow brick road in life...trying to find my way. 

And to follow on from my lovely lime post, I decided to investigate the wonders of yellow!
A few interiors, photography, design, art, and of course, one yellow brick road...

Do I like lemon more than lime? Um..yes I think so!

When I stumbled across the painting below, I immediately loved it, with the way the light and shadow was captured on the woman and the fabric...so I did some investigation...
Created by the talented artist Horacio Cardozo who was born in Argentina and has been painting since 1987, his oil paintings have a touch of surrealism which he does very well...I think his semi nude and boat series are the most interesting and inspirational...check out his blog here and more of his work here too!

Horacio Cardozo. Woman in Yellow 30x40in


yellow roses, for friendship and freedom...


Black, white, glass...and some stunning vintage yellow...love this!

abstract art... intense..


i adore this architecture and stained glass..great photography too!


good morning sunshine...


fresh... a great way to use wallpaper as an accent color and pattern..

yellow glass jugs...stunning and beautiful..


powder fresh...

1950's...I love swimsuits like this!


painting...one yellow leaf...


pattern on pattern...black, white and yellow...they go so well!

1 comment:

Clever Elsie said...

Lemon yellow always looks so refreshing to me, especially when combined with white. It can be so inviting in a living or dining room, I think.

Btw, I like your new artwork (even if the subject IS birds :P). Love how the bars in the birds' wings play off the background. :) Eye-bending! Makes me feel a little dizzy, like the bird probably feels before it takes off for the first time.