Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Twiggy.....



One of the best things about my job is that sometimes I get to vicariously live through our clients! Yesterday, I think I hit the best ever... one of our nicest clients picked out two of the white Twiggy table lamps from a design book I made her for her Park Avenue apartment. I was thrilled! I've gently pushed for the little beauties before, and I knew she'd snap them up eventually, just her cup of tea...

Ah, the Twiggy light family....designed by Marc Sadler for Foscarini. Born in France, he currently lives in Milan, Italy. Which is where a large part of his career in designing for the sports sector had taken him. For more..here.
The Twiggy lamps are made in composite lacquered material on a fiberglass base and are available in four classic Twiggy colors; red, yellow, black and white.
"It's ample, linear, essential design combined with strong flexibility characterize the formal elegance and light sophistication of Twiggy. Foscarini reinterprets these details, offering an effective concept for new uses, which preserves all the decorative expressiveness of the original floor version. The table lamp offers in scale the typical refinement of the original creation, while the ceiling model is the maximum expression of flexibility: by rotating 330 it is an optimal solution for decentralising a light source."

I think these are gorgeous, simple and elegant lights, and I'm very happy to go ahead and purchase two of them this week! Now, I wonder if she'd notice if I charged her for three....Ha!

Perfect colors, perfect shape, gorgeous curves, elegant, sophisticated, the perfect name...oh yes, they are oh-so Twiggy....

Twiggy Table Lamp...and in location...


Twiggy Floor Lamp...and in location...


Twiggy Ceiling Lamp...and in location...

No comments: