Sunday, September 28, 2008

Feels Like Sunday Morning.....



So this morning I was up and out early, it was a perfect quiet drizzling Fall Sunday morning. I love New York when it's so early and quiet.
I walked to a little shabby cafe on Laffayette and Spring St., which I've been to before, the food isn't the best in the world, but it's okay, but the coffee is hot and good. What I like most is that it doesn't pretend to be anything is isn't. The windows are wide open, and although usually I would sit outside (which I also like about this place), with the rain, I decided at the window was just as good today.
I sat there watching the world go by and the rain fall, drinking coffee and eating a stack of pancakes with bacon...it was a wonderful start to my Sunday.
I sat there for a while, and caught up on some reading about the world as I see it. It felt good, as knowledge usually does! Exercising the brain is a wonderful thing!
After probably a few too many refills on coffee it was about time I got home and got on. Still, I've loved my morning, so much so, I think I'll make it a regular occurrence! It's probably been the best Sunday morning I've had in a long time...

No comments: