Friday, December 5, 2008

Two weeks and counting...



I can't believe Christmas is only two weeks away now! When I was little, it couldn't come fast enough, now it comes around wayy too fast!! 
This year things have unfortunately changed in my family, and for the first time, in my lifetime, we won't all be together for the holidays. You see a big fat ocean lies between my Mother, my Brother and my Sister in England, and my Father and I sit on this side. Fortunately however, at least all of us will have some family. I'm jumping over to Michigan to spend it with my Dad and his dog Rufus, and probably a whole chunk of SNOW!! I haven't been back there for two years! I can't believe how they can vanish so quickly...

But... I LOVE Christmas!!! And I adore Christmas music!!! 
So, the above song is Judy Garland, singing 'Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas', which I just love. It must be one of my all time favorites, so beautiful, so classic... it makes my heart melt..

Then there's this one, Mariah Carey's 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' is to keep my lonely heart cheerful...and for my Family, who could do it better than Bing Crosby? 'I'll Be Home For Christmas'... if only in my heart.




All three images from Living Etc.

No comments: