Friday, December 12, 2008

Busy Hands Keep A Calm Mind...


John Singer Sargent, Nonchaloir, 1911

I've come to discover that the best way to keep a mind calm, is to keep the hands busy.

This week has been really busy, at home, and at work. And I'm not complaining! This week, our accountant's husband lost his job - after 13 years at the company, my Roommate Kim lost hers, and Habitually Chic lost hers too. NYC is taking a pounding... But then, it's amazing what fear can do.
I count my lucky stars I still have my job.. that and work is so busy right now too. This week I had to style our Park Avenue Apartment project for a big meeting with a magazine - she loved it too! So more on that when it comes to fruition!

I've got a busy day in front of me, so I thought I'd share with you my favorite lines of the mix CD which has kept me company in my evenings all week... Next week I'll be hitting up those Christmas songs full throttle!

now your here now you away, I don't want this, remember that, I'll never forget where your at
Glycerine, Bush

And I am finally seeing, why I was the one worth leaving.
The District Sleeps Alone Tonight, The Postal Service

Because I came here with a load, And it feels so much lighter, Since I met you, And honey you should know, That I could never go on without you
Green Eyes, Coldplay

And -- each night and day I pray, in hope, That I might find you, in hope that I might, Find you, because hearts can do no more, It always ends up to one thing honey, still I kneel upon the floor
How Can I Tell You, Cat Stevens

I'll find you, In the morning sun, And when the night is new. I'll be looking at the moon, But I'll be seeing you.
I'll Be Seeing You, Billie Holiday

And it can't be bad, all the love I've had, Coursing through life, Down in the pass where the wind blows fast, And mellow's feeling right
Mellow, Elton John

So goodbye yellow brick road, Where the dogs of society howl, You can't plant me in your penthouse, I'm going back to my plough
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Elton John

I'll never be your beast of burden, My back is broad but it's a hurting, All I want is for you to make love to me, I'll never be your beast of burden, I've walked for miles my feet are hurtingAll I want is for you to make love to me
Beast Of Burden, The Rolling Stones

When I turn around you're there, Should I ask for more, I feel like sugar on the floor, I feel like sugar on the floor
Sugar On The Floor, Etta James

On a railway New York bound, Took all except my name, Another alien on Broadway, There's some things in this world, You just can't change, Somethings you can't see, Until it gets too late, Baby,
baby, baby 
Bright Lights, Matchbox 20

Looks like you got the best of me, Mocking Bird singing his song, Well Mocking Bird mocking me now that you're gone, Mocking Bird high in a loof, Well he's blowing notes on top my roof
Mockingbird, Tom Waits

He's got a broken voice and a twisted smile, Guess he's been that way for quite awhile, Got blood on his shoes and mud on his brim, Did he do it to himself or was it done to him?
Broken, Norah Jones

If the sky that we look uponShould tumble and fall, And the mountain should crumble to the sea, I won't cry, I won't cry, No I won't shed a tear, Just as long as you stand, stand by me
Stand By Me, The Temptations

My baby dont care who knows it, My baby just cares for me
My Baby Just Cares For Me, Nina Simone

When you sail across the ocean waters, And you reach the other side safely, Could you smile a little smile for me? 'cause I'll be thinkin' about you
Thinking About You, Norah Jones

At last, the skies above are blue, My heart was wrapped up in clover, the night I looked at you 
At Last, Etta James

No comments: