Thursday, March 5, 2009

Virginia Beach!



Thinking of warmer weather... I want to live HERE!!!!! Lake Drive, Virginia Beach... I've got a soft spot for Virginia as it is, and this little cutie is screaming at me to move in!! Ha!!

I'm loving it's lake side location and view, the gorgeous, big and bright sun room, the baby porch at the front, the reading nook in the master bedroom (once you get rid of the tv!), the light in all the rooms, the deck out the back, and it's cosy warmth! A perfect little beach house!

Built in 1948, this three bed, two bath, cottage is a little gem... few changes I would make though.. change the kitchen appliances to stainless steel and a gas stove (and buy that gorgeous mixer next to the cooker from the owner!!), change the countertops too. I'd rip out the wall between the dining room and the living room which strangely has a cut out for the stairs (?), and have a new staircase made - a really nice one, but in keeping with that cottage feel. And of course, I would add my own touches here and there to make it just the way I like it!!!

For a better look yourself, check out it's listing here, and also have the guided - and panoramic tour here! (where you can see the stairs, and all of what I'm talking about a little better!!!)

No comments: