Sunday, February 1, 2009

Wish Two...

Milan's famous Teatro Ala Scala.

Time for another Bucket List entry....
I LOVE Italy, I went once when I was about 18, and fell in love with it... I dream of when I'll go back again, stay longer and travel a little more within it...

And so, with that, one day I want to go see a classic Italian Opera, the real thing. Maybe 'La Traviata', of which, is in the youtube link below. I can only image how stunning it must be to hear their voices live, how breathtaking.

Next, where? Well... of course, if I'm going to do this, I want to do it right... so how about Milan's famous Teatro Alla Scala. An absolutely beautiful building, designed by neoclassical architect Giuseppe Piermarini. It opened in 1778, and after being badly bombed during WW2, it reopened in 1946, and quickly regained it's prestigious reputation.

And then, of course, it's the dress.... oh yes, the dress!
I don't think I have ever disliked one of Oscar de la Renta's gowns... I love his consistency of shape and the design of his dresses, he really does know a woman's body - and how to make her look stunning, so feminine, so beautiful, so flattering... and what more does a woman want when they go to the Opera, but to feel absolutely heavenly?
I love the following three Oscar dresses... I'm not sure I could pick between them!


Or perhaps some stunning, silky Versace?! I love all of the following three, careful pleats and shape with a beautiful flow.. gorgeous. I love these colors too...



And yup, I know there's one thing still missing with this trip... but maybe one day I'll get lucky there too, and he'll look just to die for in the perfect suit!!

And so, until then... 'La Traviata' clips from youtube...



1 comment:

Clever Elsie said...

They just had La Traviata at the Met! We should've gotten tickets for those cheap seats with terrible views but decent acoustics. :)