Friday, November 14, 2008

To Dream...


Standing in the sea, looking out...how I feel in so much of my life


For a few weeks now, I have had a very strong desire to get the hell out of New York. It seems like an age since I stepped outside of these cement boxes... and this week has been the icing on the cake. November could really be working better for me....
Maybe it's because it's so close to the holidays, and next weekend I'll be off to see my Father for our usual Thanksgiving tradition of visiting Las Vegas! Yes, I know, not exactly 'getting away from it all', but I can't wait to see my Dad again!!

So instead, while I dream of a week other than this one, I think about what I would do if I walked out of NYC right now...where would I go? What would I do?!
First things first....I would paint! I would spend my mornings drinking coffee, blog much more often, and paint paint paint away in my studio, sell my work, visit flea markets on weekends...the whole thing... I swear I've put so much time into thinking about all of this, I just wonder whats holding me up from actually doing it....

One thought I've had since I left university in England, if not before then too, is to have my own lil store. Nothing so fancy, but something I can show off and sell the things I love, my artwork, and somewhere where people would love to visit....maybe it would have a little coffee shop too..
When I saw the below pictures on Flickr, all of those thoughts came flooding back to me, and these two inspired me further in wondering what I would like it to look like... I love the wood, the painted white brick, the clean vintage-y feel, and I just adore the chandelier! This is the 'Loafing Cafe' on Victoria Park Road in London, see the Flickr site with more info on it here!
I would do a few things differently to make it mine and with what it'll have, but it's a start, and one for the inspiration boards....I even have a name, but I'm not telling you!!




No comments: