Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Eleven Eleven....O Eight.



A few months ago now, the clocks at work were playing tricks on me. Every time I looked at the clock it was 2:22pm, or 4:44pm, 5:55pm...and so on. It was the funniest thing, and happened so often that I ended up laughing about it with my friend Tom.
He then told me about this thing he was told when he was younger, that every time the clock said 11:11, you make a wish!
So now, gosh how many months later, Tom and I still remind each other via saying it or texting it, to make a wish!

Now, today is November 11th....and just a little while ago, the clock turned 1:11pm. A time which Tom and I decided we could make half wishes!! So in thinking about it at 1:11pm on 11/11/08, I wondered where I would be at 1:11pm on 11/11/11. Three years from now....funny thought isn't it?
So much has changed in the last three, gosh only knows what will happen in the next three....

Anyways, now I know the number 11 has some very strong religious, occult, symbolic, and spiritual significance.....and some people out there believe in numerology so much it's a little frightening.
Here's a link to some facts, and some simple trivia on the number 11, here.

Below is 'Eleven AM' by Edward Hopper...I love his work. And I wonder what she's wishing for....


'Eleven AM' by Edward Hopper, 1926

No comments: